Saturday, December 1, 2012

Wrong Turn 5 (2012)


Summary (imdb.com): A small West Virginia town is hosting the legendary Mountain Man Festival on Halloween, where throngs of costumed party goers gather for a wild night of music and mischief. But an inbred family of hillbilly cannibals kill the fun when they trick and treat themselves to a group of visiting college students.   

I was really excited to see this film when it came out. I am a huge fan on the Wrong Turn series for some reason (the third one being favorite). They came out when the whole back woods cannibals was popular, and I latched onto it. Finding it a lot better than most films in the same sub genre. That being said, I was severely disappointed with this one. It wasn't nearly as good as the other four. My thoughts are that after four movies, they just ran out of imagination. It was sort of boring, I didn't feel anything for the characters, and the cannibal dudes weren't as cool as they usually are. My advice, skip over this movie. If you're a fan of the series like I am, you'll really be disappointed. 

Apparently there is going to be three more movies. Though I can not find any news of it on legitimate horror sites. Plus, if you look at the cast listing for the supposed 6th movie, it seems very unlikely that some of those actors would appear in a film like this. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Anyways, like I said before, skip over this film. Save your time and watch something else instead. 

HorrorChick

No comments:

Post a Comment