Monday, December 3, 2012

Slit-Mouthed Woman (2007)

Summary: This movie is about a real life Japanese Urban legend involving a woman with a horribly disfigured mouth. As the legend goes, this woman was slit by her samurai husband, and now roams the streets wearing a surgical mask. If you encounter her, she will ask, "Am I Pretty?" Answer wrong and you will be meet with horrible consequences. So they took this legend, and turned it into a movie. However, in this movie the slit mouthed prays on children. She will kidnap children and take them to her home before she murders them. 

I haven't really watched a Japanese horror movie in awhile. I always felt that they were all similar. However, I had heard of this one and had been putting off watching it for awhile. I'm glad I finally watched it. It really was interesting and a bit creepy. It kept me watching through the entire thing, which is really hard to do. I'm also pausing a movie and coming back to it later. The Slit-Mouth Woman was also very creepy looking with her mouth and the large pair of sheers she carried around. The only problem I have with this movie, is the scenes depicting child abuse. I turned away. I can not sit there and watch it. In my opinion, watch this movie. It is one of the better Japanese horror movies I have seen in awhile, not to mention it is creepy. Be aware, it is subtitled. So if that's not your thing, too bad.

HorrorChick

No comments:

Post a Comment