Monday, August 6, 2012

The Tall Man (2012)

The Tall Man is about a small, rundown, poverty stricken town, where children go missing. There is a legend about a Tall Man who abducts the children. And when a mother's child goes missing, she sets out to find the truth about the Tall Man. 

Now first let me warn you that this is not a movie about Phantasm's Tall Man. There seems to be a lot of confusion on other sites that this is a movie about him. It is not. Unfortunately, it's also not a movie about Slenderman. If you don't know who Slenderman is, look his up. Seriously creepy. The only thing in this movie that resembles ole Slendy is the summary. That's it. Side not, people need to seriously think about making a movie about Slendy. 

Anyways, this movie was really good. I found it to be really good and kept me interested. Although it was confusing at first, they really do explain it towards the last 10 minutes. It starts out slow but, don't let that deter you from watching the entire movie. You must sit through the entire thing. I also found Jessica Biel to be very good in this movie. I'm not really a fan of hers but, this is one film where I actually enjoyed her. It also has Jodelle Ferland, of Silent Hill fame, in this movie. Which makes it instantly better.  

One thing I will say about this movie is, it's definitely not a horror film. It's listed as a horror movie but, as you get deeper into the movie, you will see that it is not. This movie only reinforces why Pascal Laugier is one of my favorite directors. So check this movie out. And if you like Pascal as much as I do, check out Martyrs. Martyrs is by far one of my favorite movies. 

Hope you enjoy this film as much as I do. 

HorrorChick.

No comments:

Post a Comment