Saturday, February 9, 2013

May (2002)

Movie Summary: Psychological horror about a lonely young woman traumatized by a difficult childhood, and her increasingly desperate attempts to connect with the people around her. (imdb.com)

If you've ever asked me to suggest a movie for you to watch, chances are I've suggested this one. This movie is written and directed by one of my favorites, Lucky McKee. It stars the lovely and talented Angela Bettis, who is my ultimate scream queen. This movie goes deeper than a lot of horror movies. Focusing on a lonely young woman, and what that has done to her psyche. When that psyche is tested, it culminates into something gruesome at the end. This movie is just brilliant. There is a reason why this is one of my favorite movies of all time. I could watch it over and over again, and will probably watch it again tonight. I really suggest you take the time out to watch it. It's definitely worth a watch. I feel like some of us may have a little bit of May in all of us.

After you've seen this movie, let me know what you think of it. I'd really love to hear others opinions on this film. 

HorrorChick23

No comments:

Post a Comment